Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Something Witty or Topical

Ladies and gentlemen, Happy Ash Wednesday, and no not this Ash:
But as in the Ash from the palms from Palm Sunday from last year, and it marks the beginning of Lent, so while I prepare my meal of fish, I realize that for Lent you are supposed to give something up. I can't really think of something to give up, someone at work suggested I give up beer, I told her she should give up being a bitch, she said there was no way she could do it for 40 days, good times. But then when I got home, I found 2 bottles of Tonic that I totally forgot I had, and they have a date of March 14th on then, and I do have a bottle of gin, so I guess I got to start drinking that, so I could give up beer for a little while, but I don't think 40 days. So what else could I give up, I have no idea, so I'm going philosophical on all your asses, and I'm giving up, giving up, and while I really have no idea what that means, it sounds good and sounds inspirational, atleast as much as anything that Charlie Sheen has been spiting out lately.

Ok, this is starting to get a little bit out of control now, today I got a view from Hungary and Romania, as well as another hit from both Russia and Denmark, is it really people from there, or are people just messing with me?

So, watching the Sun Belt Conference Men's Basketball Championship last night on either ESPN or ESPN2, not sure which it was, between Arkansas - Little Rock Trojans and North Texas Mean Green, ended up being a pretty close game, Arkansas-Little Rock won by 1, didn't really watch much of the game, I'll get to why in a little bit, but the part I did watch contained a very odd exchange between the commentators. The color commentator, talking about Arkansas said "Their Offense is a lot like my prom date, not pretty, but effective." then there was a little bit of a pause, like 10 seconds later, I said to myself, "What did he just say?" then like 20 seconds after that, the play by play man said "I am not going to say anything about that." Yup, that's what happens when you use random dudes off the street for these low level conferences I guess.

Ok, so the reason I didn't really watch any of that game, was cause I was too busy watching the Bruins being terrible in Montreal, they did atleast score a goal, and Chara did almost kill a guy, which really wasn't that bad of a hit, it was just the timing and the place on the ice that caused the damage, and the NHL agreed, he was not fined or suspended. I was also watching the UMass Men's Basketball team stink up the Mullins Center, and that was fun.

Well, that's all I got for today, but as always, got a little treat for you, and why this one is totally random, for whatever reason it always kills me:
He's right you know

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that today was the day your old roommate called his day of birth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a solid point, I did post on his facebook wall, but left him out of the blog. Happy Birthday Jay Butynski, I'll make it up to him tomorrow with a special birthday treat.

    ReplyDelete