Monday, November 7, 2011

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Go Back In The Water

Wait, what is that? It's can't be, no, wait, is it? Oh my god, it is. Greg is back with another blog post, but what's this, a new name. Yup, the Bliggity Blog is dead, and The 30+ Old Man Angry Blog is here to stay. Basically, as I figure it, since my last post, I turned 30, so I am now an old man, so it is acceptable for me to be an old angry bitter man, and what better way to express that then on the internet in a blog. More or less I've been told that I have been very angry lately, and I pretty much can't attribute that to anything else then me turning 30 and the harsh realities of that. Now, I guess it hasn't been all bad too far, wasn't sure exactly sure how I was gonna feel about it, and not much has changed, but there are some little things. Maybe my beard has a little lighter coloring in it that it did before, it happens. Maybe I can't stay up all night drinking or drink all day quite like I used to be able to, or maybe I can, not sure about that one yet. I guess maybe turning 30 might be a kick in my ass to start figuring stuff out with my life, and while it really hasn't, I guess at least I'm thinking about it, so get ready world, cause I don't know what that means.

Ok, so what else has been happening since my last post, well I got the new iPhone 4S, partially cause I wanted to and partially cause of necessity, yeah I dropped my old one and the screen got all messed up. I only had the 3G anyway and I was ready for an upgrade anyway. I will say this it certainly is faster and looks a lot nicer, but battery isn't much better, although I haven't really had the issues that have been talked about in the news. With all that said, the only big upgrade for the 4S over the 4 other then the speed, is a better camera, which I hardly use, and Siri, the personal assistant, and which it seems really cool, and it's fun to mess around with, the practicality of it doesn't really seem to work. For all the time it takes it to actually do something or understand what you are saying, you can probably just do it yourself, I suppose it's useful when you are driving, but whatever. Siri can make for some funny exchanges though:
Let's see what else has done down. Red Sox sucked a lot and blew their lead and didn't make the playoffs, then fired Terry Francona and let Theo go to the Cubs, yeah, I guess it was pretty bad, but it was bound to happen eventually, so whatever. Nothing really else to say about it at this point. St. Louis Cardinals ended up pulling off a ridiculous run and winning the World Series in 7 games, including being down to their last strike on 2 different instances in Game 6, and pulling out the win. Pretty remarkable win by them, and that lead to Tony LaRussa retiring. So, good for him.

Football season is about half way done and the Patriot are falling into mediocrity, the defense is terrible, specifically the secondary, which is a revolving door. The offense, which was off to a record setting start, has falling back to earth and Tom Brady hasn't exactly been lighting it up like he did last year, but there's still plenty of time for them to pull it together and get the season back on track and win the division and get to the playoffs and maybe win a damn playoff game this damn year.

Bruins raised a banner at the Garden:

But the got off to a terrible start and currently are tied for last place in the conference with the Islanders, who they coincidentally play tonight at the Garden. They are coming off their best game of the season though, as they won 7-0 over Toronto in Toronto on Saturday night and have won 2 in a row, so hopefully they can build off that momentum and get back to the top of the division.

Now, while I am not going to the Bruins game tonight, I will be going this Thursday, which will kick off a crazy week and a half for me. Thursday, Bruins game at the TD Garden as mentioned against the surprising Oilers, then next Monday, Live from the TD Garden, Finally, The Rock comes back to Boston, yup The Rock returns for a special 3 Hour Raw, this is to lead up to Survivor Series, where The Rock will be teaming up with John Cena to take on The Miz and R-Truth, it will be The Rocks first match since 2004, when The Rock and Mick Foley lost to Randy Orton, Ric Flair and Batista at Wrestlemania 20, which happened to take place at the same place that Survivor Series does, Madison Square Garden in NYC, and yup, I will be in attendance. But Wait, before all that 2 days after Raw, it's back to the TD Garden for the Foo Fighters, then while down in NYC, I'll be headed to Long Island to watch the Bruins take on the Islanders, so yup, gonna be pretty busy. I am actually really looking forward to Raw, and seeing The Rock, it will be the first time seeing him in person since April, 2003 at Backlash, when he took on Goldberg:
and it will be the first time seeing The Rock in Boston, since he had this exchange with Stone Cold:
Almost 10 years to the day. Should be noted that for a couple weeks, they were actually advertising Mick Foley's return as well, but then the all of a sudden stopped, so it will be interesting to see if he actually shows up or not, I hoping someone just jumped the gun on that and it was supposed to be a surprise, so they had to back track, who knows. Anyway, it should be an interesting couple week, and now that the blog is back, you can come along for the ride with me.

This time around with the blog, I'm gonna try and keep the posts shorter and do them more often, hopefully I can stick to that, but we shall see. Next time up I will dive into some of the TV that has gone down, reviewing some of the shows that took place while I wasn't posting as well as my thoughts on how the new seasons have started.

But as always, want to leave you with a little treat:
It's a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment