Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Stop Drop and Roll

It's Wednesday, so it's time once again for a new blog post. So, what's going on? First of all let me start off by following up with a couple things from last week. First of all, watched like 2 seconds of the Lance Armstrong interview, it was lame and stupid, just like him, so I turned it off. As far as Manti Te'o is concerned, seems like it was the victim of a hoax, which makes him extremely naive and makes him coming off as a very dumb individual, which is probably better than the alternative, but not much. There is really no way for him to come out looking good in this. Plus, apparently he knew about it before he admitted it and continued with the lie for a bit before coming clean, which is still pretty bad. I still can't figure this whole thing out, but I'm already bored with it and don't care anymore.

Bruins are back, and that's fun, and what better way to start the season then a Saturday night game at the TD Garden against the Rangers, and well, Saturday is alright for fighting as Elton John once told us, wait,  Elton John, really? Ok, well anyway, with the two teams with the most fighting majors last year, you knew there were gonna be some fights, and there were:
Think Thornton won that one, and it was followed up with Campbell getting is ass beat, so no need to show that. Rematch Tonight, should be a good one. Or not, already 2-0 Rangers as I write this.

So, Patriots lost, which means the Super Bowl is meaningless to me this year. No excuses, they lost, plain and simple, injuries or no injuries, the Ravens played better, and that's that. But since the Super Bowl is meaningless now, that just means that we can all focus the biggest event of the Winter and that of course is the Royal Rumble. In preparation of this years Royal Rumble, I decided I was gonna watch all 25 of the previous Royal Rumble matches, unfortunately I started this a little later than I should have, a week isn't really long enough to get it done, but I might be able to do it. For reason I don't feel like explaining, I started with 1992, which featured the 1 and only time the winner of the Royal Rumble won the Championship, and well it was a fun star studded Rumble, which saw Ric Flair, who drew number 3 and lasted longer than anyone had up to that point and won the Rumble
This resulted in Ric Flair winning his first WWF Championship and one of his best interviews while he was in WWF:
The thing I never really understood about this was, why didn't they have him come in at Number 1, I think that would have been much more effective in establishing him as a champion, not that they really needed to do that, but still, if he's winning at 3, why not 1. They did it a few year laters with Michaels, although that one to me has an * on it, cause it was only 1 minute intervals instead of 2, but I haven't gotten to that one yet. I then watched the original one from 1988, which was only 20 guys and wasn't a PPV, and also was mostly Mid Card guys. Jim Duggan won that one. Then 1989, which was the first PPV and had Big John Studd win, but the highlight was the beginning of the end of the Mega Powers, as Hulk Hogan eliminated Macho Man, and they almost came to blows, before Miss Elizabeth calmed them down, few weeks later the Mega Powers exploded and that lead to their match at Wrestlemania V. Then I watched 1990, which saw Hulk Hogan win, and the big moment was when Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior met in the middle of the ring and knocked each other out. Eventually Hulk Hogan eliminated Warrior, that would lead to their match at Wrestlemania VI. And that's as far as I have gotten so far, still have 1991, then 1993-2012 to go before Sunday's event, might not get it done. But let's get to some predictions:

The rumor going around is that The Rock is gonna beat CM Punk and win the WWE Title, and John Cena is gonna win the Rumble and they are gonna have a rematch at Wrestlemania, but I think that is too obvious and would be a little bland. I think that CM Punk is gonna win the match keeping his streak alive, but then who wins the Rumble, well, I think that someone that's not quite as obvious is gonna win it and someone that could still use a push to be an established star, and that is Ryback, I think he wins the Rumble, and the Big Show ends up beating Alberto Del Rio and win back the title and they have a match at Wrestlemania, which leaves open plenty of different scenarios for Wrestlemania, leaves open The Rock vs John Cena rematch, leaves open the rumored Triple H vs Brock Lesnar rematch from Summerslam, which will probably start being built up soon. So what does that leave, well, Streak vs Streak CM Punk vs The Undertaker. Or I could be completely wrong. Either way I don't think this guy is winning, but he might win the Slammy for best song.
Have a good week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment