Friday, July 15, 2011

Get Off Your High Horse And Come To The Party

How y'all feel out there? Alright, just a few things today that I need to update or get off my chest or whatever the case may be. First off, it was pointed out to me that in my post from last week entitled Hello Again, Hello, which by the way, yes is a reference to this Neil Diamond song:
That jacket is amazing btw. Anyway, there was a reason behind the Neil Diamond thing was because on the 4th of July, on my Facebook page I posted this video:
cause it was 4th of July and all, anyway, my Brother in law was there and then started trying to figure out the name of what he thought was a Neil Diamond song, so I then ran through pretty much his whole catalog, so I then had Neil Diamond on my mind, as it turned out, the song he was thinking of was not Neil Diamond at all, it was James, this song:
Not really sure why he thought that was Neil Diamond, but anyway, where was I? Oh right, so, it was pointed out to me in that post that I completely left something out, when I was explaining the whole thing about hanging out in my backyard chatting it up with some people, and movies and whatever were brought up, then what blew my mind, that one of the ladies hanging out went to Goshen College in Indiana, and another was from Goshen, New York, well, somehow I completely forgot the whole other part of that thing, the lady that went Goshen College, was born in Wooster, OH, meanwhile my buddy was born in Worcester, MA. Now while they are spelled completely different, they are pronounced the same, so yup, my mind was blown, not once, but twice. So, just want to thank Tessa, born in Wooster, OH, and she grew up tall and she grew up right with those Indiana Boys on them Indiana Nights while attending college at Goshen in Indiana. Previously I think I referred to her as Guadalupe, but apparently that's just her maid name, and anytime she wants to clean my apartment, she can. Meanwhile from Worcester, MA, the new star of the Toucher and Rich show on 98.5 the Sports Hub, ladies and gentlemen, Matty Gumbo:
Ok, so here's what happened, a few days ago, Brandon Meriweather, the safety for the New England Patriots, released a rap single called VIP that was played on Toucher and Rich:
Brandon Merriweather - VIP
So, then my buddy Matt did that acoustic version as shown above, so then Wednesday, Toucher and Rich decided to play it at the beginning of their show:
Toucher and Rich - July 13th
Crazy, but there it is, I'm actually not sure what part of this story is more ridiculous, that fact that Brandon Meriweather did a rap song, the fact that Matt did the acoustic version, the fact that Toucher and Rich actually played it, then Brandon Meriweather actually acknowledge it on twitter, or the fact that he's calling himself Matty Gumbo. Whatever.

So, they say there is a thin line between love and hate:
Now, while I've never actually been in love or anything, I don't think I've truly ever hated anyone, extreme dislike, but never hate. Now, I'm sure there are people that have hated me, and in fact right now I know of one, which leads me to my point, I feel like I may hate this person now, it's a weird feeling, but you know what, The Offspring once told us a little something about this:
So, there you go, I mean, give the choice, I would rather not hate, but when all else fails, like the title of my last post and the Soundgarden Song says, Hate if you want to Hate, if it makes you safe, if it makes it brave:
Now, this one is a bit weird, but I was listening to the song Water's Edge by Seven Mary Three, which was their other song after Cumbersome. But I was actually listening to this song, what exactly is this song supposed to be about. He went down to the water and saw some guys kill someone but didn't do anything to help and then just left, I'm really confused, and it's kinda a dark song, what the hell, the video doesn't help out matters much either:


Alright, well, I'll leave you on that lovely note, but before I go, got one more thing for you. Pipe Dreams vs Pipe Bombs, I'm not sure which is worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment