Thursday, July 28, 2011

Good Grief!

Man, maybe they should have a lockout in Football every offseason if this is what's gonna happen once it's over, all sorts of crazy action going on. Patriots did some big moves aquiring Albert Haynesworth from the Redskins and Chad Ochocinco from the Bengals. Yes, they could be some risky moves, but at the same time, Haynesworth is not guaranteed and Chad Ochocinco restructured his deal, so it maybe a low risk situation much like when the Pats got Randy Moss or Corey Dillon. Albert Haynesworth was a beast a few years ago in Tennessee, then after getting a huge contract to go to the blackhole that is the Washington Redskins, he then pretty much gave up for whatever reason. Chad Ochocinco on the other hand, has been slowly declining over the years, but that makes sense for a WR, but Carson Palmer is no Tom Brady and Chad Ochocinco pretty much had run his course in Cincinnati and needed to get out of town, and had been talking about playing the Patriots for a while now, so it's not a huge surprise that he did end up with the Patriots. So many other moves too, couldn't even keep track of all it, but I'm sure it will all sort itself out eventually and I'll figure out who is where.

So, recently for some reason the name Charlie Brown came up at work, and I started to think that I can really relate to Charlie Brown, and no I don't mean this one:
No, I mean the Charlie Brown from the Comic Strips and Cartoons. I don't totally understand it, I mean, he's supposed to be a little kid, but yet he has some serious adult problems, no, I mean what kids talks like this on Christmas?
and his whole downtrodden theme has become fodder for jokes by other shows:
His Halloween exploits always ended up with him getting screwed:
What kind of sick twisted people would give out rocks for Halloween, pretty messed up, and of course Charlie Brown always gets them, I feel like I can relate.

And yes, Charlie Brown also has plenty of issues with the ladies, whether it was his never ending hapless pursuit of the Little Red Haired Girl or of course his interactions with Lucy:
Yup, just like a chick to trick you with legal mumbo jumbo and then pull the ball away as you are about to kick it. Which leads to my next point, which was actually made by the guy that I featured last in my last post, before Will Smith got all jiggy with it, he was telling it like it is:

Ok, so moving on, Last Monday Night, saw a few returns on RAW, as part of the start of the Triple H era. Jim Ross returned to the announcer's table. John Morrison returned to confront R-Truth. The Show started off with Rey Mysterio defeating The Miz in the finals of the tournament to crown a new WWE Championship, but his reign would be short lived, despite dodging Alberto Del Rio's attempt at cashing in Money In the Bank, as Triple H ruled that since Vince McMahon was gonna fired John Cena last week and he wasn't included in the tournament, he should get his shot at the Title. So the main event saw Cena vs Rey for the title, and John Cena won and became a 9 time WWE Champion, beating Triple H's record of 8, but wait, what's this, it is the REAL WWE Champion:
That's right, CM Punk, after a one week hiatus is back. Now, did they jump the gun a little bit on this, I kinda think so, I feel like they could have teased his return for a while, had him show up and cause trouble despite not actually being in the WWE, but I guess the problem with all of that is that SummerSlam is less then 3 weeks away, and given that it is probably the 2nd biggest PPV of the year, kinda need to solidify the Main Event earliy enough to get people interested, so he took a week off and now is back, and clearly the Main Even will be Champion vs Champion Punk vs Cena. CM Punk was then featured on Jimmy Kimmel that same night:
and then the next day he taped a podcast with Bill Simmons that was posted yesterday:
CM Punk on BS Report

It's a solid listen, most interesting tidbit was that he didn't decide that he was gonna stay in the WWE until the day of Money In the Bank, so I wonder what would have happened in that match had he not decided to stay that day.

Finally today, just saw the new trailer for Battleship, yes the movie that is based on the board game, but what?
Now, I played plenty of Battleship in my day, but what the hell is that thing that comes out of the water, I don't remember anything like that ever happening in any game of Battleship that I even played, but maybe I was playing the wrong version, I do remember they had that electric talking version, never played that one, maybe there was crazy stuff in that one:
Nope, not seeing it, oh well, movie looks pretty crappy. Personally I can't wait for the Yahtzee movie, kids killing their mom on Christmas, sounds like a thriller to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment