Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Your mind is about to be Blogged

Been  a few days since the end of Sawathon, I think I recovered enough to make a new blog post. What do we have for you today, well, went to the Beanpot finals last night, BC won, which kinda sucks, would have like to see Northeastern pull that one off, but it didn't happen, Exciting game though 6-5 in OT, lots of scoring, OT, not sure what else you can ask for. Celtics pulled of a nice win against the Heat despite all the injuries, and a nice bounce back after losing to the Lakers on Thursday. Bruins didn't fair too well against Detroit, unfortunate that they couldn't build off the momentum of the Montreal game, hopefully they can bounce back tonight against Toronto.

Ok, so if you aren't watching Justified on FX, Wednesday nights by the way, you should be, rent, buy, download, netflix, whatever it is that you do Season 1 right now, and then start watching season 2, only 1 episode in so far, so you got time to catch up, but do it now. Timmy Olyphant is awesome in the role, and speaking of him, apparently he is in that new movie I Am Number Four, I saw a bunch of commercials for that movie, didn't see him in any of them, then all of a sudden there was one commercial that pretty much featured him, maybe cause Justified was starting up again, they decided to have him prominently in a commercial so people could be like "Oh, I know him" but I don't know how much he is actually in the movie.

Something that bugged me as a I was driving to work today. I'm in the lane to go straight, 5 or 6 cars ahead of me , there is a also a left turn only lane, that noone was in, so some guy goes down that lane, realizes he doesn't want to be in that lane, then just cuts info the straight lane, of course someone just let him in, why is this Ok? I was in the right lane waiting like everyone else and just cause this guy is an idiot and gets in the wrong lane, he gets ahead of me? I mean if we were at a Red Sox game, and there were 2 lines, 1 for beer and 1 for food, If I'm waiting in a long line for Beer, some guy gets in the shorter line for food, but then when he gets up to the front, realizes he wants to be in the beer line, someone isn't just gonna let him in front of the beer line, he's gonna have to go to the back of the line, right? So why is it different for driving? Now, I know what you are saying, it's much easier for someone to walk to the back of a line then have to drive to the back of the line, but still the principal should be the same. Ok, that's my people are stupid rant for the day.

Alright, now let's get into what you have all been waiting for, my reaction to the return of The Rock on Monday Night Raw last night, now while I was at the Beanpot and didn't see it while it was happening, I watched it as soon as I got home. Now, I wasn't 100% sure that it was gonna be The Rock, there was a pretty strong rumor that it was gonna be and it makes a lot of sense, a lot more sense then the rumored Justin Bieber would have been. Anyway, there is something that The Rock has when he is in front of a crowd doing a promo, that for whatever reason has never translated over to Dwayne Johnson in the movies, Not sure what it is, maybe because he can ad lib a bit and can be a little off the cuff, whereas in movies, it's more scripted and seems forced, I don't know. Liked the fact that he took a little shot at Cena, although if it lead to a match, he would actually have some reason to talk, but since it won't, somewhat vindicates some of the things that Cena has said. I would expect that with him making references to both Cena and The Miz, and after what happened at the Rumble, that The Miz vs John Cena with The Rock as some kinda of special ref or something is a pretty good bet for Wrestlemania, not sure if it will be for the WWE Title or not, but I would expect that it will be, can't see Jerry Lawler winning it, but you never know. In case you didn't see The Rock's return on Raw last night, here it is:



If you smell what The Rock is cookin'

No comments:

Post a Comment