Sunday, February 27, 2011

On Location In NH

Well, back to blog about some stuff, live from New Hampshire. Gonna try and do some skiing this week, weather doesn't seem to want to cooperate tomorrow, but the rest of the week should be good. Now on to some important matters.

Friday night was spend drinking malt liquor, eating fried chicken and watching some movies, first of which was the 1974 classic T.N.T. Jackson, staring the October 1969 Playboy Playmate Jeannie Bell, and just in case you haven't seen it, here it is:
Yup, that's the whole movie on youtube, which is probably better quality then the dvd copy that we watched, which was so ghetto that it didn't even have the standard DVD logo on it, it has some weird version. There was Karate, afros, jive talk, terrible acting, low budget stunts, funky music, plot that makes no sense, TNT Jackson brother was in Japan for some reason and got killed, and now she wanted revenge, what more do you want?

Next up was the 1976 classic Velvet Smooth, which featured this awesome theme music, as well as an amazing couch:
You may notice the Special Guest Star is Emerson Boozer, and you might be thinking to yourself, I've heard that name before. Well, maybe you haven't and no it's not Carlos Boozer's dad, however he was a former NY Jets running back, 2 time pro bowler, Super Bowl III champion, and also has the distinction of being the first player ever to score a game winning TD in a regular season in sudden death overtime. Want more, well you can get an autographed jersey right here only $339, that's a steal. Anyway more of the same in this one, kinda a Charlie's Angels thing going on with this one, plot made even less sense, I really have no idea what was going on, I think everyone ended up having a mustache and being a bad guy except the women, and the movie just sort of ended, not sure what happened. The third movie that was on the books but was never watched was Honey Baby, Honey Baby, apparently some women wins a trip to Lebanon and then the government got overthrown or something, sounded amazing, but it didn't happen.

Ok, so speaking of movies, albeit on the other side of the spectrum, I was watching Goodfellas yesterday, on AMC, so it's not quite the same, but anyway, haven't seen it in a while, and I was kinda amazed by the number of random people that are in the movie. Samuel L Jackson and Michael Imperiolli I was aware of, but then Debi Mazar aka Shauna the publicist from Entourage, Kevin Corrigan, who has been in a ton of stuff, in a bunch of different genres, most noticeable Superbad, Pineapple Express and Grounded for Life, but also American Gangster and The Departed, and then of course his most recent effort co-staring with Triple H in The Chaperone. Also Mike Starr, who has also been in a ton of stuff, but most will know him as one of the henchmen from Dumb & Dumber, or you may remember him from Cabin Boy, but probably not, he was also in a recent episode of the Office. However the one that totally caught me of guard when I saw him, and I think he was in the movie for like 2 seconds, Tobin Bell aka the Jigsaw Killer from the Saw movies, he played a parole officer.

Ok, so speaking of Goodfellas, which despite Joe Pesci winning the supporting actor Oscar, was beat out by Dances With Wolves for Best Picture and Kevin Costner beat out Martin Scorsese for best Director. The Oscars are tonight, so just gonna throw out my predictions for the 6 awards that people actually care about, I mean best lighting? who cares? best costume design? get the hell out of here. So here we go. For Best Supporting Actor, I think this one is a no brainer, Christian Bale for the Fighter is gonna win this one, now while the only other film in this that I saw any of the actor nominated was The Town, for which Jeremy Renner was nominated, and he was good, but Bale was far better. Next up best supporting Actress, and while I don't totally understand how 2 actresses from the same movie can get nominated, Melissa Leo was better then Amy Adams, so why did Amy Adams even get nominated? With that said, I have a feeling that even though I feel like Leo should win, Adams may split the vote, which could open it up for Hailee Steinfeld to sneak in there for the upset, didn't see the other 2, so can't really say anything about them, ultimately I'm gonna stick with Leo to win it though. Best Actress, well this one is just a shot in the dark, cause I haven't seen any of these movies, clearly the buzz has all been for Natalie Portman, which tells me there's a good chance that she doesn't win, so gonna go with Annette Bening to win this one. no real reason other then why not? Moving on to Best Actor, I've only seen True Grit and Social Network, and of course all the buzz is for Colin Firth, and while Bridges was good, I kinda feel like he just got to nom cause he won last year and cause John Wayne won for that role, I don't see him pulling a Hanks and winning 2 years in a row, and Jesse Eisenberg, he was better in Zombieland, ok maybe he wasn't, but I don't think he's winning here, James Fraco is hosting, so it would be weird if he won. I guess I'm gonna stick with the buzz and go with Firth. As for Best Director, ideally the best director directs the best movie, makes sense right, now out of the directors nominated, I did like The Fighter the best, of the movies I saw, but I feel like it's gonna go to David Fincher for the Social Network, he did direct Seven and Fight Club after all, not to mention, the "Straight Up" and "Forever Your Girl" for Paula Abdul, "Janie's Got a Gun" for Aerosmtih, not to mention "Freedom '90" for George Michael, "Cradle of Love" for Billy Idol, "Judith" for A Perfect Circle and "Only" for Nine Inch Nails. Now for the big one, for Best Picture, based on what I just said, Social Network should win if David Fincher wins the Best Director, but I don't know, I could see an upset here, I only actually saw 4 out of the 10, which is a little low, but Toy Story 3 isn't winning, I enjoyed Inception and The Fighter, but I don't see them winning, True Girt wasn't bad, but I don't understand how it wasn't nominated for a Golden Globe, but yet, gets a ton of nominees for the Oscars, either way not gonna win. So, that leaves Social Network, or something that I didn't see, so I guess I got to go with the Social Network, not gonna go against my theory about directors, so there it is.

Want to point out that I got a view the other day from Russia, and while I still haven't figured out exactly how it works, is it someone actually from Russia, someone who has a profile that lists them as being from Russia, but they don't actually live there, or they just jokingly put in Russia, I have no idea, but I'm gonna assume that it was Ivan Drago, that's right a fictitious character from a movie that was actually played by someone from Sweden, or it could be Nikolai Volkoff which actually might make sense if the view from Iran was actually the Iron Sheik.

So recently I've actually had some people coming up to me and telling me they have actually have been reading my blog, or asking me what's up with the blog or whatever, I then tell them thank you, and ask them how they got into my apartment and why they aren't wearing pants, then it gets awkward. But anyway, glad that people are reading. Moving in on my 2 monthaversary of the blog, trying to think of some new and fun things to do with this thing, almost did a running diary the other night with the urban ladies movies, but didn't happen. Maybe if the Paulie Shore day happens, I'll do one for that. Well, that's all I got for now, but as always we end it with a little treat for everyone. This one, I don't know, heard this song on a radio today, hadn't heard it in a long time, so just gonna go with it:

It's a quality song that often goes overlook in favor of their bigger hits. Video is really nothing special when compared to some of their others, but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment