Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Don't Remember Where I Was I Realized Life Was a Game

What up all you bloggies, time once again for another installment of your favorite blog, well I assume it's your favorite blog, why the hell else would you be reading it, am I right? Of course I am, don't be ridiculous.

Well, gonna start things off where I left off in my last post, not gonna go into as much detail, but I want to give me review of Wrestlemania XXVII. I got to say, I was a little disappointed with it. Now, don't get me wrong, I like The Rock and everything, but was anything that he did at Wrestlemania any different then anything else that he's been doing the last month on RAW, I mean it was what it was and all that, but as far as him hosting Wrestlemania, not really sure what that really accomplised, could have just have came out during the main event and did what he did there and that would have been fine. Now, my predictions weren't all that great, but honestly, it's wrestling, how predictable do you want it, I would rather get them all wrong and be surprised, then get them all right.

It was pretty odd that the first match of the night was the World Heavyweight Title match and well, I guess it was not Alberto Del Rio's destiny to win the title at wrestlemania, at least not this year, Edge won with help from Christian, then smashed Del Rio's car, decent match. I don't see this being over, pretty sure we'll see a rematch at some point.

Next up was Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio, and like I said, this one could have gone either way, but it went for Cody Rhodes, which makes sense, got to build him up, Mysterio is gonna go over either way, so if you want Cody Rhodes to bring anything to this feud, got to give him this one. He used Rey's knee brace and smashed him in the head and pick up the W.

Other then the matches there was also some hi-jinks backstage with Snoop Dogg, Pee-Wee Herman, Mae Young, nothing too special, but they needed to throw some stuff in there to break things up a little.

Next up, another match I was totally wrong about, The Corre got their asses to them by Big Show, Kane, Santino Marella and Kofi Kingston in a very short match, Big Show knocked out Heath Slater with a punch and that was that, thought the Corre was gonna go over, oh well.

The next match I was actually right about, Randy Orton took on CM Punk in a pretty good match, and beat him with an RKO after failing to punt him in the head, so i had that backwards, but ultimately Randy Orton did get the win, and I don't think it's over between them.

They then announced the Hall of Fame guys, and Shawn Michaels came out and didn't really do much, which I figured was cause he would be back out later, but he wasn't, that was it, nothing else, kinda surprised by that.

Out came Booker T and Jim Ross, cause the next match was Michael Cole vs Jerry The King Lawler, Cole came out and talked about of crap, Swagger came out, Stone Cold came out and drove around on an ATV, then Lawler came out, and I'm not sure if someone was reading this blog or not, or just shared my thoughts, but he has his Music back, good work WWE, did something right. The match pretty much went as I said it would, Lawler got the pin, then they started drinking beers, Booker T did a spin-a-roonie, then got a stunner. Then the RAW GM said that because Stone Cold got involved, Lawler got DQ'd and Michael Cole won, then Josh Mathews got a stunner cause he read the note. So, I was right, but in the end I got that one wrong.

Next up was Triple H vs The Undertaker in a No Holds Barred match in Triple H's attempt to end the streak. The Intros were pretty big for this one as they usually are for The Undertaker and Triple H at wrestlemania, I was a little confused by Triple H's but, I liked Metallica anyway. This match was clearly the match of the night, lots of high spots, broken tables, the Cole Mine got destroyed, Chair shots, Pedigrees, Chokeslams, Tombstones, Last Rides, it had it all. But in the end, much like the previous 18 matches the Undertaker has had, he got the win and went to 19-0, after making The Game tap to the Hell's Gate submission, as Triple H was sizing him up with a sledgehammer. After the match they played out the injury angle with The Undertaker and he had to be stretchered off, probably just cause he's gonna take some more time off or whatever.

Next up, probably to give everyone a chance to get a drink and go to the bathroom after the last match and before the main event, and that of course was John Morrson, Trish Stratus and Snooki taking on Dolph Ziggler and Laycool with Vicki Guerrero, and while this match went pretty much as expected, I was actually kinda surprised with Snooki, she did a chartwheel backflip butt bump thing, and didn't kill herself, so that's that, then another cartwheel and a splash and she got the win, whatever.

And Finally, The Main Event, The Miz vs John Cena for the WWE Title. The intro to this match was pretty over the top, The Miz's intro was alright, showed his highlights form Real World and Tough Enough and stuff while playing Hate Me Now by Nas, which I guess was appropriate. John Cena's intro was way over the top, and possibly a little unnecessary, a gospel choir singing his theme music and then the preacher doing a prayer as they showed pitchers of him growing up, yup, a little much. Well, the match was a bit of a disappointment, could have been much better, Alex Riley got involved a bunch, eventually it spilled outside, Cena knocked Miz over the barracade and they both got counted out. This of course led to The Rock coming out saying that there was no way this match was ending this way, so he restarted it with No DQ's and No Countouts, called that one. So the match restarted and Cena was in control, until The Rock hit Cena with a Rock Bottom allowing Miz to get the pin and the victory. Should have seen this coming after Del Rio lost, opened things up for the Miz to leave with the title. The Rock then gave The Miz the people's elbow and that was the night.

This all lead to what happened last night on Raw, so, this whole Cena/Rock thing, like I said before would all be great if it lead to a match, of course if they were gonna do it, it would make sense to have it at Wrestlemania, well, that's what's happening, Wrestlemania XXVIII in Miami, The Rock vs John Cena, also works out that it's in Miami, where The Rock is from. Now, here's the thing, WWE is taking a big risk, what happens if Cena gets hurt, or if a cable break while The Rock is filming Tooth Fairy 2 and he gets hurt, and the match can't happen, pretty crazy to be announcing the main event for next years wrestlemania. Also seems like they were setting the groundwork for a possible rematch between The Undertaker and Triple H next year, but I don't think they will be announcing that anytime soon. It was also interesting to hear that Triple H finally bring up the fact that he already lost to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, alright, enough of this.

So, I just want to make a correction to something I wrote the other day, i wrote about defriending on facebook, turns out, that's incorrect, you don't defriend someone, you unfriend them, I found this out yesterday when I was downloading the update for the iPhone facebook app, and one of the upgrades was that you can now unfriend people from your iPhone. Yup, that's right, when you are on the go and not near a computer and decide that you no longer want to be friends with someone on facebook, now you can unfriend them from wherever you want, what a magical world we live in. I think I should probably unfriend someone right now on my iPhone just to try it out, could be anyone, could be you... naw I wouldn't do that, or would I? no, unfriending people is not cool.

If you are a vegetarian, or are thinking about becoming a vegetarian or trying it out, or just want to read about someone who is, then check out my buddies blog http://veg40.blogspot.com/.

Too early to start talking about the Red Sox, but I really haven't liked what I've seen so far.

What the hell happened to the Bruins last night, man hope they don't somehow end up playing the Rangers in the first round, cause they have had some trouble against them the last couple of games. But maybe they are just suckering them in, probably not, but who knows.

Celtics could have a preview of their first round matchup tonight and the Sixers have played the Cetlics tough this season, so it could be interesting, hopefully some guys can actually get healthy for the playoffs though, that would be nice. and speaking of basketball...

Um, what a terrible National Championship game that was last night, Butler with the worst shooting performance ever in the Title game, and UConn wasn't all that impressive either, to the point that they weren't even voted the unanimous number 1 in teh final poll, which really makes no sense, why is there even a poll after the tournament anyway, and who the hell picked Ohio State?

Ok, that's all I got for today, I'll be back soon with some more stuff for all of you, and 1987. But as always, gonna leave you with a little treat, and in honor of The Rock, I present you will the highest rating segment in wrestling history, on September 27, 1999, Mankind presented The Rock, with This Is Your Life, which scored a 8.4 rating, not sure what that turns out to be in terms of people, but a lot, so here it is:

See ya next year Rock, sure Fast Five is gonna suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment