Saturday, April 16, 2011

Said My Get Up And Go Must Have Got Up And Went

What up fellas and fellettes? Been a while, so thought it was time again for another blog post, not really sure what to talk about today, but as I get flowing, I'm sure I can find some topics to ramble on about. So lets start off with a little administrative stuff. Jumped past the 800 pageview mark this week, so that's pretty cool, moving in on the big 1000, that will be fun. Got a couple views from Pakistan this week, can't remember if I had gotten any views from there before, but either way welcome aboard. So man countries viewing these days, can't keep track anymore, unlike Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock, which were featured in my last post. I AM internationally known, but just not on a microphone.

So, what else, new Foo Fighters album came out this week, haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing yet, I have heard a couple of the songs other then the single, sounds pretty good. It's weird I've always liked the Foo Fighters, but for whatever reason I never owned any of their CDs, not that anyone actually buys CDs anymore, and don't get me wrong I have pretty much their entire collection in my iTunes, but back in the day I had hundreds and hundreds of CDs, still have a ton sitting in a closet somewhere collecting dust, but for whatever reason I never bought a Foo Fighters CD, and I can't really explain why. With the new album out I was kinda hoping they would be touring around the states this summer, but it looks like they are just doing some festivals and then doing a tour in Europe, so maybe in the fall I guess. I saw them once back in 2000 at the Providence Civic Center, yup, that was before it was the Dunkin Donuts Center, they opened up for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, it was a good show, so wouldn't mind seeing them again. Speaking of tours though, Soundgarden finally announced that they will be touring this summer, well sorta, kinda a mini tour, just in July, they have only announced 4 dates so far, nothing around here, but hopefully they come to Boston, cause that is a show that I would definitely want to see.

So, not sure if you were aware, I talked about it in a previous post, but the Beastie Boys are a couple weeks away from finally releasing a new album, and while it's still kinda confusing, it's Hot Sauce Committee Part Two, but Part One never came out, whatever, not the point. The point is that this is happening:
"Make Some Noise" is the name of the new track, pretty good, I'm liking it, better than the song with Nas from a couple years ago.

So, you may have noticed Will Ferrell in that trailer and in case you missed it, Will Ferrell made his debut on The Office this past week, pretty solid, could have been better, but he's gonna be around for a few weeks, so plenty of time for them to brings out some really good stuff, don't want to give it all up in the first week, should be good.

So, I didn't actually watch the Office when it was on, I watched it later, that was because I was at the TD Garden at the time, watching the Bruins put on a stink show against the Canadiens, that was awful, they better step it up tonight, or else they will be making an early exit from the playoffs once again at the hands of the Canadiens, and it looks like they may have to do it without Zdeno Chara, who was hospitalized last night for dehydration, which could explain why he played like such crap on Thursday.

The NBA Playoffs start today, the Celtics don't play until tomorrow against the Knicks, should be a good series, I think the Celtics will take it in 5, but they need to get off to a good start and just take them out on Sunday.

The Red Sox suck, I don't know what else to say, what the hell? I love how the Sox are handing out these extensions and then have the guys go out and not earn it, Clay walking 5 guys, Gonzalez going 0-4. They better turn it around soon, cause they are diging themselves into a pretty big hole, and well if they aren't carefully they could be out of it, and Terry and Theo could be in trouble. Although the ownership might be too busy with their soccer and racing teams, not to mention LeBron to care.

Time to move on to the last year of the 80's in the MTV countdown to 30, before we get to the videos, not really a ton of stuff that I remember from 1989 off the top of my head, Boston sports all sucked. 49ers, Flames, Pistons and A's won the championships, only that was really memorable about any of those was in the World Series, when they had the Earthquake right before game 3, and I guess craziest thing about that whole thing was that it was the 1st and only time that there was a battle of the bay area World Series, and there just happened to be an earthquake that particular year, I mean, the 1 year they both are in the World Series, not just one, but both, crazy. If you don't remember this whole thing, which I do, I remember watching but I was flipping around cause they game hadn't started yet, but then at some point when I changed back and well here it is:
Other then that, the Series wasn't very interesting, A's dominated it, but speaking of Earthquakes...

Now, not sure if this was done on purpose of it was just coincidence, but only a few weeks after the Earthquake in the Bay Area, this happened:
Yup, WWF debuted a wrestler named Earthquake, seems a little disrespectful in retrospect, but I don't think the WWF/E and Vince McMahon have every really worried too much about that, and it certainly wasn't the most disrespective thing they would do, not that came a year later, but we deal with that when we get there. The only other things that I can think of that happened in 1989 was that the Megapowers exploded, but if want to know about that, here is a great article that explains it all Mega Powers.

1989 was an interesting year in music, cause there were a lot of newcomers that made big splashes this year, like her:
These guys also made it big in 1989
Not to mention theses guys
Of course there were also these guys:
Ok, so I never said anything about there being good music in 1989, just a lot of newcomers, some of them sang their songs, some of them didn't whatever, that's not important, but what is important is that you listen to the message that I send, don't ever talk to a girl who says she just has a friend:
Of course that's not to say that there wasn't some good music or videos in 1989, Aerosmith had a big year and had a great video for Janie's Got A Gun:
Tom Petty had us all Free Fallin:
Metallica also finally decided to join the world of Music Videos and created this little masterpiece, that I honestly still don't quite understand, but whatever it's a great song:
But of course, the best song, video, everything tha came out in 1989 was of course Love Shack by the B-52s
Oh wait, no I hate that song and video, and group, well, crap already posted it, too late now.

Well, that's all I got for you today, be back soon, been kinda busy with playoffs and stuff, so might not get to post quite as often as I have been, but I might have something special in store for Friday, yes Good Friday, it might happen and if it does it will be a blast.

In closing, want to leave you with a little treat and in honor of Edge retiring this week, here's one of his funnier moments:
Yup

No comments:

Post a Comment