Friday, April 1, 2011

You Boys Like Mexico?

Welcome back, today in the blog we will be doing what I like to call "Ramblings From a Crazy Man" and while I'm not really sure how this differs from my normal posts I do, after the week I've had, I'm pretty much certifiable at this point, so lets just get to it.

Are Pies named after Pi, cause they are circular and stuff? Makes sense, but like why isn't a wheel called a pie then, like there are alot of things that are circular, so why pie? I don't even like pie or pi for that matter, being all high and mighty with it's special symbol, 3.14159265... this bitch, and end already, goes on forever like this paragraph.

Who the hell is Rebecca Black and something about Friday? Are they doing a female remake of Friday? Does this have to do with Black Friday? Is it a song? Is is a joke? I refuse to look it up, not sure I should care, I just saw Conan making fun of her, and had no idea what he was talking about.

How's everyone feeling about this whole Baseball opening day being on Thursday/Friday, I guess it makes sense to some degree, but seems weird that it's not Monday, always had been. First they are messing with the Tournament, now opening day, just feels weird, I fear change.

Let's see what else, so, is defriending someone on facebook the new blocking someone on AIM? Seems like it is, too bad they don't have the warning thing on facebook like they had on AIM, that thing was so stupid, like noone ever used it legitly, someone would always randomly warn someone, then a bunch of people would see it and warn them too, then all of a sudden they would be at like 100% and get kicked off. Damn that was annoying, and never really all that funny either, but was there a serious purpose for that, really?

So, for some of the loyal readers, you may recall a couple months ago, I said something along the lines about having the feeling I was gonna do something stupid, infact here was the quote from the blog post "Well La De Freaking Da!" - "Have a feeling I'm gonna do something stupid soon, not sure what, not sure when, can just feel it coming. Hopefully it's not something too stupid and not something that I can't undo, but something stupid is coming, get ready for it." then in my next post, titled "Stupid is as Stupid Does" said this: "Was pretty close to doing that stupid thing that I was talking about in yesterday's post, luckily I changed my mind about it and it didn't happen, but that was a close one." Well, just as a follow up, in a round about way, I eventually did do that stupid thing I had a feeling I was gonna do, not exactly how I thought it would go down, but pretty much had the same result I feared it would. So, there's your update for those of you scoring at home, Stupid - 1, Me - 0.

Final 4 is Saturday, and since my bracket went to hell a long time ago, and of course UMass wasn't making the tournament, I don't really have anyone to cheer for. Don't want to route for Kentucky because of Calipari cause he left UMass in shambles, can't really route for UConn just cause that's not cool. Butler and VCU are both pretty cool stories I guess, of course they have to play each other, would be cool if they were in opposite games and could meet in the finals, I don't know VCU having to win the extra game and the go on to win the tournament would be kinda cool I guess, but then Butler getting redemption after what happened last year would also be pretty cool. Either way, whoever comes out of that game is gonna be the sentimental favorite.

As you may have gathered from the title of this post, yes, Mexico has joined the ranks, as well as Brazil and Australia, so welcome aboard and hope you enjoy

Last time we explored 1985 in the MTV countdown, this year we move along to 1986, and while 1986 may or may not have been a memorable year for music, it was a memorable year for Boston Sports, but it wasn't all good, started off with the Wild Card Patriots storming there way on the road past the favorites to get to Super Bowl XX, only to have this happen:

and then get destroyed in the actual game, but that was only after they attempted to have a song of their own:
Yup, they never had a chance.

Things got better in June though, when the Celtics destroyed the competition with perhaps the greatest team ever to the point that the Lakers didn't even decide to show up for the Finals, and instead they Celtics had to beat up the Rockets:
Ok, now while the Celtics didn't exactly fare that well in that game, they lost, they did go on to win game 6 by like 30 and won the title at home with help from the fans who pretty much took away Ralph Sampsons manhood the moment he walked on the court after what happened here, but there wasn't really anything about this series other then this that was really worth showing. But, man, only Ralph Sampson got tossed and rightly so, but didn't miss the next game or anything. If this was today, half the teams would have been thrown out and probably suspended for the next game or more, and furthermore, Tommy Heinsohn would have exploded if this happened today. Fun watching those old commercial btw. Ralph Sampson, real classy guy there, after going after a man half his size, he goes on to drop a Bullsh!t on live national television. Unfortunately this would be the last Boston Championship for 15 1/2 years until the Patriots won Superbowl XXXVI, but it was so close to only being 3 1/2 months.

We all know what happened in the World Series that year, and I will not post any of those clips, and in fact I can't actually post any videos from MLB, cause they are notorious for not allowing their clips anywhere other then MLB.com, but here is the link Dave Henderson and that's really all the needs to be talked about. Well, that and the fact that Donnie Moore the pitcher who gave up that HR, ultimately killed himself cause he could never get over the fact that the Angels fans pretty much hating him for giving up that HR, pretty sad story, and luckily not what happened to another guy who had a bad play that year.

Ok, enough of that, now it's time for 1986 music videos, first off, this was a big hit and created somewhat of a persona and gimmick if it were for himself, the man is also dead, Robert Palmer, Addicted to Love:
Next up in a similar situation, is Peter Gabriel, who's video for Sledgehammer created a gimmick for himself:
And this video would go on to beat his old Band Genesis' video for Land On Confusion for Video of the year at the 1987 MTV music awards, once again cause they weren't eligible to 1986, and here's that video:
Of course 1986 also was the year that Run-D.M.C. helped to put Aerosmith back on the map with the video for Walk This Way:
But really, if you are gonna talk about 1986 and walking, then can't go any further without this little number, everyone was doing it:


So, there you have it, 1986 in a nutshell through the eyes of one 4/5 year old and the memories that I had.

Ok, well, now it's time to start drinking, after the week I've had, need about 20 or 30, I don't know, I'm bad with number, and if anyone would like to join me, feel free, but if not, let's not forget the word of George Thorogood:
"You know when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself." Very sound logic there.

No comments:

Post a Comment