Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Alternate titles for post: Georgia On My Mind or Midnight Train to Georgia.

Why all this Georgia talk, well, Georgia joined the ranks, and yes, I realize that those songs are about Georgia, the state which counts for views for the United States, and not the country Georgia, which is where the view came from, but whatever, welcome aboard Georgia. I also got a view from the Ukraine, which always reminds me of this:

So, the NCAA Tournament "started" last night, but not really, I mean, lets be serious, things don't really get started until tomorrow, I don't know any bracket games, that matter anyway that are counting these first 4 games. I will say this though, I don't like having to wait until the at-large games are over to fill in the brackets though, I mean USC I think could have a good shot at beating G-Town, I don't think that VCU will though, so I got to wait and see who wins that game to really make a decision. It's pretty crazy that St. Patrick's day and the NCAA Tournament 1st full day are the same day, and of course I have to work, sucks.

Ok, so have you seen the Taco Bell Shrimp Taco commercial? This one:
Now, I guess they are supposed to be like wedding crashers that like shrimp or something, but I'm sorry, this just seems to be a blatant rip off of this: Beaver Boys Couldn't find a video that I could upload, but basically those characters from Tim and Eric, they love Shrimp and White Wine.

Speaking of commercials, I've been meaning to bring this up for a while now, but you know the Sullivan Tire commercial that has been running all winter, and pretty much every winter for like 15 years or so, the one with the little kids talking about how bad the weather is. Well, have you seen it lately? out of nowhere they added Dustin Pedroia saying "I can't wait for spring." First couple times I saw it, I thought I imagine it.

Ok, so continuing the best video of the MTV era counting down to MTV's 30th, since last time I did the first video, eventhough that was aired in 1981, it was not from 1981, so here is a song that did come out in 1981 and had a cool video:

Plus it's Mike Tyson and Kevin Garnett's favorite song, so I wouldn't mess with either of those guys.

I don't want to have to even acknowledge this, but after what transpired on Raw on Monday, yes, Snooki is wrestling at Wrestlemania, so stupid, and you have to throw Vicki Guerrero into the match also, you already have Michael Cole wrestling, how many people do you need that aren't wrestlers wrestling at Wrestlemania? Just dumb, and of course The Rock, Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels, all won't be wrestling, they'll be there, but yet Snooki is the one gonna wrestle.

One more random thing that I wanted to bring up that I've been meaning to, so, the Beastie Boys recently announced that Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 is coming out, ok, so you are asking yourself, hey was there ever a Hot Sauce Committee Part 1? Well, there was, it was supposed to come out in Sept 09, but when MCA got cancer, they had to postpone it, they said it wasn't done, they did release one song with Nas called "Too Many Rappers" and a couple tracks got on DJ Hero. They also release a track listing, but some of the songs were not totally complete, however they did say that they had finished all the songs for Hot Sauce Committee Part 2, and it would be released in 2011. So, now it's 2011 and they announced that Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 will be out May 3rd, and then they release the track listing, which with the exception of 1 song being left off, were all the same songs that were supposed to be on Part 1, so I don't really get it, why not just keep that one named Part 1 and whenever the other one comes out, call that Part 2, and what happened to all those songs that were supposedly done for Part 2? The whole thing makes no sense, hopefully it's good, hopefully MCA gets better and hopefully it all comes out at some point, and they tour so I can go see them, which I never have had the pleasure of doing.

I saw that Nate Dogg died today, pretty sad he was only 41, had some strokes, not gonna lie, wasn't really a big fan of his, but still, was just talking about him the other day, talking about Regulators, and trying to figure out if it was him or Warren G that was related to Dr. Dre, it was Warren G btw, he is his step brother. Anyway, just wanted to acknowledge that.

In other news, be careful if you are headed to Bennington, Vermont, there is apparently a crazy squirrel that is attacking people, it's a gray squirrel, not like those black squirrels they have a UMass, what was up with those things?

Folks, I hope you enjoyed reading this, and as always, I end it with a little treat and since tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day, got to have something to do with that, so here you go:
and I can't show that and not show this:
and then if you are gonna have Leprechauns and the hood, gotta go with this:
Wait, no, no he didn't, he went Back 2 Tha Hood? Oh yes he did
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment