Sunday, March 27, 2011

Finally, The Greg Has Come Back to the Bliggity Blog

Yes, it's been a while, but I am back. I'm back to lay a blogtastical smackdown on all your candy asses. So, been a few days since my last blog post, and been up to some stuff since then, Thursday took in the Montreal beatdown at the hands of the Bruins and in the process got a little drunk, then watched some NCAA Basketball and watched my Bracket go from back to worse, but it then went to hell on Friday night and just got worse on Saturday, and got the final nail in the coffin today. I did get one team out of the Final Four right, and that was UConn, but I had them losing to Ohio State, and that is not happening. VCU? really, what the hell, they were in the First Four and now they are going to the Final Four, that's just craziness. Butler, what can I say, they did it last year, and they are doing it again this year, but seriously, who the hell had VCU vs Butler in the Final Four, that's just stupid, UConn vs Kentucky is one thing, but man, should be a good game though, someone has to lose. Friday I did take a little break from things, and watched the Celtics blow a huge lead to the Charlotte Bobcats, at home and lose, 2 nights after losing to the Memphis Grizzlies, what the hell Celtics? They did squeak one out tonight against Minnesota, but they blew a 25 point lead, and what's up with Rondo? Saturday, things go started early, 11:30 to be exact, pre-gamed, then went back to the Bruins, things didn't go quite as well as on Thursday, they lost 1-0 to the Rangers, and that was the 3rd time in 3 years I went to a Bruins-Rangers game and it ended 1-0, but the Bruins did bounce back very well tonight and beat Philly, so not back, I;m liking how they are playing right now. After the Bruins game, things got a little drunker. Spent the rest of the day drinking a lot of beers and hanging out at bars with some cool people, good times, many hours of drinking, but I paced myself well, I can still get my drink on, even at my advanced age, and then get up relatively early and got to a family outing, so take that world. With all this said, got to cool it off for a little bit, work is probably gonna kick my ass this week, to the point that I have tickets for Tuesday Bruins game against Chicago, not sure If I'm gonna make it or not, still haven't found any to go yet, not gonna really have time to find anyone, so if anyone reading this has interest in going, let me know. I may also end up selling them if people might be interesting in buying them.

Ok, so trying to think of some new and different things to write about, and for some reason, I have no idea why, I came up with a little bit of a poll for everything, a question that could very well be very gender and generationally divided. So, It's time for a survey, which Hanson Trio do you prefer? On the one hand you have the Pop musical group from the 90's who were basically a one hit wonder with their 1997 hit "MMMBop" which by the way, should not be confused with the 1993 song "Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm" by the Crash Test Dummies. Anyway, this trio, simply known as Hanson consisted of 3 Brothers Zac, Taylor and Issac, and while it was very confusing at first as to if they were boys or girls, some people are still confused. But as it turned out they are all guys and there was also some confusion about if they were related to Beck, who's last name people thought was Hanson, but it turned out it's Hansen and no he is no relation, ultimately making this Hanson trio much less cool. For any of you who have no idea who these people are, here's what we all had to listen to for much of the late 90's along with Tubthumping by Chumbawamba:
Moving on, the 2nd Hanson trio came along about 20 years earlier, the year was 1977, the movie was Slapshot, Jack, Steve and Jeff Hanson, a trio of brothers who all played Hockey and all loved to fight. Here's where things get a little tricky thought, cause in real life their last names were Carlson, and Killer Carlson in the movie was actually based on Dan Hanson, but then before they started shooting the movie, Jack Hanson got called up to the Edmonton Oilers of the WHA at the time, so they decided to switch things around, Dave Hanson ended up played the 3rd Hanson brother and they hired an actor to play Killer Carlson. Do you understand, cause I don't, but it doesn't matter, cause this was the result (warning: some NSFW stuff in here):

There's also more:
Old Time Hockey, Eddie Shore:
So, there you have it people, let me know. I have a feeling that females and the younger audience might go for Hanson, while the male demo and older, who make up probably most of the people reading this, are gonna go with the Hanson Brothers. But hey, let me know, It's survey time.

Ok, so got a few more views from some different countries, the Palestinian Territories and the United Arab Emirates. So, again, a lot of people from the Middle East are hitting up the blog, and as someone pointed out to me, maybe these are US Soldiers stationed in these countries, which would explain a lot, not really sure what I'm writing about that would really appeal to people from the Middle East, I don't know. But anyway, if the troops are out there reading this, thanks for protecting the country and all the things you do, and sorry about all the In the Army Now stuff, I realize Pauly Shore isn't gonna be saving anyone in Libya, and just sorry for Pauly Shore in general, and speaking of Pauly Shore....

I got Jury Duty on April 12, now last time I got a Jury Duty thing, I ended up not having to go, so we'll see what happens this time around, but something tells me, that even if I have to go, it won't be anything like the movie.

Now, time to continue on with the MTV 30th anniversary celebration fest. Last time we dove into 1984 with a vengeance, today we move on to 1985, and there are probably a ton of videos from 1985 that i could choose and throw out there, but really, there are 3 that need to be included in this blog. First of all, this video has always been a blast to watch, especially now, of course that was before they friggin ruined the song last year, Vince Vaughn, you will never be Dan Aykroyd, you hear me, never:
Next up, one hit wonders, in the US anyway, and really revolutionary, I didn't understand how this was possible at the time, it was mesmerizing:
And last but not least, this video was played all the time on MTV, which makes sense, it has Sting saying "I Want my MTV" the whole time. This one actually beat out Take On Me, for Video of the year at the 1986 MTV VMAs, cause they weren't eligible for the 1985 awards cause they came out after the awards, but anyway here you go:

Ok, folks, hope you have enjoyed this long overdue blog post, might have to tied you over for the week, not sure how much I'll be able to actually get to blog, work is gonna suck. Also be aware, that The Rock will be live on Raw tomorrow, so be sure and check that out. As always, I will leave you with a little treat and after last post treat decided to stick with the same theme this time around (naughty language):
Do you know my dad?

No comments:

Post a Comment