Thursday, March 10, 2011

Standing Tall On The Wings of My Dreams

Well, it appears that McDonald's has abandoned the Give me back that Filet-O-Fish singing fish, as I saw this years ad, which involves pirates bobbleheads trying to steal some guys Filet-O-Fish or something, while it is pretty lame, it's not as annoying, but also not as catchy, bad move I think on their part.

So, that whole thing about giving up beer for lent, yeah, that didn't work out. Thanks for the suggestion anyway Kathleen, there you go, there's your shout out. So, still going with Giving Up, Giving Up. Once again no idea what that means.

Apparently they love this blog in Russia got a couple more view from there, so you know what, I'm gonna give my Russian readers, and Iran too, a little treat, so here you go:
Actually, I guess that's not really appropriate anymore, technically that's the Soviet National Anthem, which doesn't exist anymore, but whatever, there you go. Also want to welcome Jordan, got a view from there today, was unaware that Michael Jordan had his own country, but glad to see that they are looking at the blog.

Celtics, what the hell was that last night, almost made the comeback, but really, losing to the Clippers at home? That's not cool. I'm not sure about this team anymore, I realize that the injuries have piled up and that forced them to make some trades and other moves, but when the entire lineup on the floor are guys that weren't on the team 2 weeks ago and your losing to the clippers at home by 20, that's not a good sign.

So, Montreal police is starting an investigation on Zdeno Chara over his hit the other night to Max Pacioretty, come on, that's stupid, NHL did the right thing, he shouldn't have been fined or suspended, probably shouldn't have even been a 5 minute major or a game misconduct, now given the situation, made sense to give him a game misconduct, they kinda had to, but, an investigation? Only thing to investigate is maybe if there should have been more padding on the boards or maybe redesigning it, that's what did the damage, not Chara.

I was called out yesterday for not mentioning that it was college roommate Jay's birthday in the blog, thank you Todd. So to make it up to him and I hope that he is reading this, I have 3 special treats that everyone will appreciate, but him especially, I'll explain, here's is the first one:

 
Now, while this is certainly a great movie and we must have watch it a dozen times, and this is a great scene, that reason for this one is actually because of the song. "The Rain, The Park and Other Things" by The Cowsills. While on a random trip on a random Thursday that Jay and I took to visit our buddy Baggsie in Rutland, VT, which by the way is the birth place of both John Deere and Aaron Lewis, there was an Oldies radio station that tag line was "Oldies Are Cool" and they at some point played this song, which was awesome. For what I remember from that night, it was probably one of the unhealthiest nights of my entire life, between 3 of us we polished off 2 cases of Busch Light Bottles, we also took down the Rutland Buffett, and watch Cabin Boy. We then had to get up early and get back to UMass so I could take a Spanish exam, I don't think I did very well on that exam, but not because I was hung over or didn't study enough, more just cause I suck Spanish. Moving on, here's the 2nd treat:
 
This was always one of Jay's favorite songs, but the reason I'm putting this up there, is because of one time in particular I remember driving somewhere with Jay, this song came on the radio, he then mentioned that he actually had their CD "Where Have All the Merrymakers Gone?" in the car, he went to grab it, but the case was empty, which he then had to pull the car over so that he could find it. And Finally:


This one probably make the least amount of sense, at some point in my AIM profile I had posted the lyrics to this for no real reason, so the at some point after a night of drinking, Jay asked what that was, I in turn downloaded it onto his computer and proceeded to play it at a extremely loud volume and start singing along as Jay danced for some reason. This became a reoccurring thing after nights of heavy drinking, up until the point where the people upstairs got pissed. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. About Zdeno Chara's hit, I totally agree with you. I can’t believe his hit is under investigation by Montreal police! It happened at a strange spot on the rink, and that’s why Pacioretty was badly injured. Do the police get involved whenever two players fight on the ice? No, so why should this situation be treated any differently? There is a certain level of physicality that is acceptable for participants in sporting events that wouldn’t be tolerated elsewhere. I hope Chara isn’t criminally charged since it will result in all physical contact in hockey (and other sports) being scrutinized.

    ReplyDelete