Friday, January 21, 2011

Here's some new ish for you to think about

Ok, so something that I've noticed over the last few months or so I guess. Alot of big celebrities are doing voiceovers for commercials, mainly car commercials, which in itself is fine, but in some cases it's just odd. Like hearing Don Draper trying to sell me a Mercedes, or in the same vein Roger Sterling trying to sell me a Lincoln, I mean is this a episode of Mad Men or commercials. Course then there is Jeff Bridges who not only does Duracell as well as Hyundai, and unfortunately he did voice over those stupid holiday ads with those annoying hipster dufuses singing, so now every time I hear his voice I can't but help think about those damn commercials, altleast they have stopped airing. It would be pretty funny if when he was doing the Voice over, if he was like "So, in this commercial, there isn't gonna be any stupid idiots singing annoying song as my voice is talking over it, is there?" Then the ad people look at each other and nervously answer "No" then a month later he's watching the TV and sees the commercial, yells "Son of a Bitch" and throw the remote through the TV. But anyway, this brings me to the reason I'm bringing this all up, there is a new Dodge commercial featuring the voice over talents of Michael C. Hall aka Dexter, which he's been doing for a little while now, but this one in particular has one point in it that he's talking about picking up kids from soccer practice, then the Caravan will have plenty of space, I'm half expecting him to say "When you just killed a rapist and need to bring his remains to your boat, Caravan provides plenty of space." I think the biggest problem with him doing voice overs for commercials, is that he does so many voice overs in Dexter, so it's tough to watch the commercials and not think that it's Dexter telling you to buy a car. But, if we really want to talk about celebrities in commercials, can't go much farther without this little number:
Needless to say this was before Die Hard.

It's wet and it's dry people, how the hell is that even possible?

Want more, check this one out:
It's funny, this was obviously before Basic Instinct, but if Sharon Stone was back to doing Wine cooler commercials now, I wouldn't be surprised.

It's Wet and It's Dry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment