Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Whoot or Whoomp?

Ok, so in a followup to that last post I have learned a few more things about this whole thing that I don't remember, possibly because I was 11 or maybe because I'm white, not sure. Anyhow, apparently Tag Team and 95 South had a rap battle on the Arsenio Hall show (sidenote: apparently people under the age of 25 don't know who Arsenio Hall is???) both Tag Team and 95 South preformed their jams and then people voted via a 900 number on which song they thought was better, with proceeds going to charity. Don't believe me, check this out:


and then check this out:

Apparently Tag Team won the battle, and ultimate the war, thanks in part to Arsenio Hall. If you want more info, check out this Chicago Tribune article form 1993:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1993-09-08/features/9309080144_1_phrase-arsenio-hall-show-cecil-glenn

Whoot/Whoomp There It Is

No comments:

Post a Comment