Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Why?

Ok, so a lot of people have been asking me why I quit facebook, and telling me I'm being stupid and I should just rejoin. Honestly, at first I kinda figured that I probably would, and who knows, probably still might, but after not even a week, I can honestly say I don't miss it. But back to why I quit, there were a number of factors, probably the least of which was the movie the Social Network, but having said that there were some facts that the movie brought up that did bother me and Mark Zuckerberg, regardless of how he was supposed to be betrayed bothers me, not just in the movie, but in general. The bigger reason why I quit, was cause it just really started to annoy me, and not just it, but the fact that I would spend hours reading random stuff, that I really don't care about or need to know about people I hardly even know, and the worst of which was for some reason some of it would bother me. Most of the people that I'm "Friends" with, I'm really not friends with, and the ones that I am, I barely communicate through facebook with anyway. So, what's the point? Sure sometimes I can reconnect with someone, and it makes it easier, but the fact of the matter is if these were people I really wanted to reconnect with, I shouldn't need facebook to have to do it. So, with all of this said, if you miss reading my stuff on facebook, or chatting on facebook or posting stuff on my wall or whatever, your gonna have to do it in person or by more personal means then facebook, maybe this will actually help me realize who some of my friends are and who some of my "friends" are. And with that, to facebook and my facebook "friends" there's nothing left to say but goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment